- We would like you to talk to your child’s class teacher regularly so we know what they are doing at home and we can tell you about what we are doing in school. This is to ensure that we are doing similar things to support them both at home and school and can share what is working in both places.
- The Inclusion Manager ,SENCO (or Head teacher) is available to meet with you to discuss your child’s progress or any concerns/worries you may have.
- All information from outside professionals will be discussed with you .
- The SENCO will also arrange to meet with you to discuss any new assessments and ideas suggested by outside agencies for your child.
- A home/school contact book may be used to support communication with you, when this has been agreed to be useful for you and your child.
- We regularly hold workshops for parents of all children in the school, for example in relation to reading, phonics or maths. We will be happy to discuss any necessary adaptations for your child.
- The external professionals involved with your child will be happy to meet with you on request.
- We will be happy to consider any ideas in order to support your child.
If you child is undergoing statutory assessment you will also be supported by the Children’s Services SEN Team. They will ensure that you fully understand the process.